Uploaded by: SupaVette on 2011-02-06 06:41:09
Nef
Uploaded by: SupaVette on 2011-02-06 06:40:53
Chogall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHelix

re: In response

"agressive much, you weren't even using the guild."

No I wasn't, but if I had made the site in the first place it'd still be there weather I was in the guild or not.

While we're on the topic the site isn't the main reason I'm put out. I have no problem that people moved on. It was to be expected and I'm sad to see some leave. The reasons I got annoyed are as follows:

Firstly weather you think it's right or wrong that the guild wasn't handed over is irrelevant. However simply stating that is implying that you do. Nobody else is entitled to the guild, Pete has been running the guilds since early TBC. If I take over there's no political bullshit when he comes back - such as there was in the past. Aside from that what real effort has anyone else put in? Anyone else simply participated (in most cases to a very small degree) and used something that was already established by others hard work.

Second the guild didn't need a GM. It had officers and guild bank access anyway. The main group had no interest in running second groups since they never bothered to. I've had numerous complaints where people state that the main group just sticks to themselves and ignores the rest. The only time a second group did get running was when I promoted Street or when I handled it myself, although I stopped shortly after. Partly because I don't enjoy DS and partly because the political shit going on in the guild put me off logging at all.

Now onto the good parts: Third with regards to no gold access in the guild bank. Since I stopped the guild bank has used somewhere along the lines of 30-60k gold in repairs and as far as I've seen not a single piece of gold has been replenished other than via the weekly rewards. Correct me if I'm wrong. The last gold that was deposited into the guild bank was 15k from an apparatus I sold in 4.2. This tells me that nobody sold items to guildies or AH to replenish any gold. So I don't know what happened with any BoE items. But since you are so concerned with the gold in the bank, just understand that you've had free repairs for the past 6 months with no real contribution towards it.

Fourth and finally the biggest slap in the face was Barn looting the guild bank upon leaving. The reason I promoted Barn and not anyone else was purely out of trust. I'd have expected you to talk to me first, Barn. I would have said you guys were certainly entitled to some of what was taken since you raided for it, but considering the fact that you used tons of gold that was never replenished I'd say otherwise. With the way it happened it was nothing more than stealing.

Anyway so there you have it. Good luck in the new guild though, I'm sure the novelty by now has worn off and it's pretty much the same as it was. As I say it's a shame to see some go but completely understandable.[/u]

-Chasen
The-Mammoth
Alt

re: In response

I would like to add that when Gemini was formed, I brought a ton of Damage Control gold with me, so I don't think you can complain that you're out of pocket.

An inactive GM that just logs to maintain control of the guild, has no right to complain in my eyes.

Everyone from Gemini is welcome in Mortalitas, so nobody is losing out on the contents of the guild bank.

#1 Never fail on tactics.
#2 If you're going to fail, fail big.

Mammoth - protection warrior guru and current record holder of friendly fire kills with a single button press.
Dyra
Role Leader
Novice

re: Re: In response

Badass wrote:

Firstly weather you think it's right or wrong that the guild wasn't handed over is irrelevant. However simply stating that is implying that you do. Nobody else is entitled to the guild, Pete has been running the guilds since early TBC. If I take over there's no political bullshit when he comes back - such as there was in the past. Aside from that what real effort has anyone else put in? Anyone else simply participated (in most cases to a very small degree) and used something that was already established by others hard work.

First of all this is absolute BS to say no-one else put in any work. You all left him the ruins of a guild back in Icecrown Citadel. He battled against the odds to 1)keep the guild running 2)made very real progress (from 11/12 normal to 11/12HM) and 3)actually kept us in 25 man raiding THE ENTIRE TIME. When he came back he quite happily handed over the reins back to Supa when Supa asked for them back. But to belittle the entire YEAR Mammoth battled on keeping the guild together by calling it mere participation is absolute BS and I refute every word you have said in that respect.

Secondary, the guild money logs do not record all the money that has entered the guild bank from people questing, looting and doing dailies (from the Cash Flow guild perk) which totals more than a substantial amount to have covered the guild's repairs. Please use your brain.

Thirdly the guild bank looting. Not one of those BoEs were earned by your raiding and participation. They were earned since then. They are not yours just because they are in 'your' guild bank? Gemini had not been your guild for months, thus they are ours. As for the rest what was it? A few glyphs? Big deal.

Fourth, since the release of Cataclysm the Burning Blade Horde side population has taken a massive nose dive. Most of the quality players have either left or server transferred and we have consistently struggled to maintain a guild raiding population to maintain 2 groups. We have dropped this pretence since guild swapping and anyone who signs up, shows up and has reasonable gear we have given a chance with the main raiding team instead of taking the same 10 every week. As a result we have 15-16 people with 6/8HM with a lot less player burnout.

Finally the novelty hasn't worn off and won't for a while. ;)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mortalitas Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum Posts